Love Layout for Colour Blast


Hello lovelies, Kasia here today with a fun layout using just a few supplies and a whole lotta gorgeous blue. I love sticking to just a few colours when creating layouts and especially when I use a colour photo. For this photo of my daughter I pulled out the blue and black as the main colours I wanted to focus on and went for it. 


I gathered a few patterned papers with a black and white pattern and matted my photo loosely with the papers. I added some teal thread between the layers to pull out some of that teal colour in the moss on the rock and also to add a little more texture. 


Now for the fun part.. I had a misting bottle with a little bit of the Polar Colour Mica Powder left in it and I added some more water and about 4 little scoops of the Cobalt Colour Shimmer Dust to create a lovely bold blue spray. 


I sprayed a white sheet of cardstock through a stencil with my spray and tilted the sheet to get some nice drips. 


I then stamped the background using black Archival ink with a fun mixed media stamp from Carabelle which included a cluster of doodled circles and a few single circles. 


When the spray & stamping were nice and dry I got out the luscious Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste and added some texture.


I then gathered a few black and white embellies like chipboard hearts, stickers, enamel dots, paper clips and epoxy stickers to finish off my layout. 



I loved creating this layout and with such few easy steps, I'm hoping you'll give it a try. Pick your favourite colour and gather your black and white supplies and have fun. 


Have Fun!! 
xx Kasia

No comments