Gold Leaf Light-Up Frame



A couple of weeks ago I was asked to be an X-Press It Creator and I may have squeeled a little (or a lot). I use X-Press It products on an everyday basis already, whether it be the Double Sided Tape Runner or Foam Squares in card making or the X-Press It Blending Card for Copic colouring, so to be a creator for a brand I love is an absolute honour. 

Today I am sharing a little frame I made using the X-Press It Gold and Silver Metal Leaf. 


I grabbed a white frame I had sitting around and bought a wire with little LED lights from Kmart. 


The Metal Leaf comes in Gold, Silver and Copper but today I focussed mainly on the Gold, with a little bit of Silver.


I painted the frame with the X-Press It Gold Size using an old paintbrush and let it sit for about 10 minutes. When nice and tacky I added the gold leaf. 


I wanted a distressed look so I very lightly roughed up the gold metal leaf and pressed it onto the frame. 


I then added some silver metal leaf to fill in the spaces. 


I brushed off the loose leaf with a dry paintbrush and then repeated the above steps again to fill in the frame. 


I love that X-Press It has so many different tapes for so many different applications.


For adhering paper to paper like above I alway go for the Blue Double Sided Tape, and because it comes in so many widths it makes it so versatile also. 


I die cut a heap of little fir trees from the same white cardstock and adhered the top back trees using the X-Press It Clear Gel Glue. 


The trees in the foreground were adhered using the X-Press It Foam Mounting Tape to give some added dimension. 


I filled the bottom part of the frame with the little lights and adhered the back using the X-Press It High Tack Double Sided Tape as this needed to stay firmly adhered. 


You can now either leave the frame nice and simple and sit it on the mantle or add some baubles to the side to make it more Christmassy.


Hope you give Gold Metal Leafing a go.. its so much fun with such a beautiful unique finish. 

xx
Kasia



No comments